Woodland | open call
Design residency | July 7 – July 28, 2023
Dutch Invertuals and Schloss Hollenegg for Design are joining forces, and invite you to apply for the Residency Program 2023 at Schloss Hollenegg, which will focus on the forest and its primary resource: wood.
The residency program will run from Friday 7th of July to Friday 28th of July. During the three weeks designers will take inspiration from the history of Schloss Hollenegg, and work in relation to the woodland near the castle, they will produce contextual work, investigating the balance between humans and nature. You will take part in excursions and lectures and will be mentored by curators Wendy Plomp and Alice Liechtenstein.
The residency offers accommodation in single or double rooms, one meal a day, the use of a kitchen and covers traveling expenses.
Submit a portfolio in PDF format (max 6 MB and 10 pages) to email@example.com, cc firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your portfolio should show a strong personal style, high-quality work, conceptual thinking skills, research skills, and knowledge of material use and production techniques. It should include a biography, a resume, and a motivational statement
Your motivational statement answers at least the following questions:
– what is your interest in forests, the environment and the material wood?
– in which way do you think you would benefit from the residency?
– what can the other participants learn from you?
– what are your core competences and main areas of interest?
You are eligible if:
– you are a professional designer
– you were born after 1.1.1989
– you have at least three years of autonomous work experience
– you are an EU resident
The deadline for submission is Sunday 5th of March 2023. Applicants will receive a reply by Sunday 1st of April 2023.